About My Blog

After some heavy persuasion from my friends and Space Marine-toting husband, I have started playing Warhammer 40k. I chose to play Eldar when I saw the model for Baharroth. I also like the smooth, curvy models and vehicles.

This blog will chronicle the assembly and painting of my Eldar army.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Beginning!

Back in 2005 my then boyfriend started playing Warhammer 40k. I thought it was ridiculous to pay money for little dudes that came unpainted and unassembled. "I will never pay out that kind of money for something I have to put together myself!" I thought.


So now, six years later, more of my friends are playing and having a good time building and painting together. Last week I bought the first few pieces of my army.


Dire Avengers


Here is one squad of Dire Avengers. I bought two, but haven't started putting together the second squad yet.


Dire Avengers Exarch


Exarch



Dire Avengers Exarch


The Exarch from another angle. Sorry for the blurriness.



Farseer and Warlock Bodyguard


Not very exciting, since they're metal models, but here are my Farseer and Warlock Bodyguard.



Wraithlord

My unfinished, blurry Wraithlord. I know he's not very dynamic; he was the first model I put together. He is unfinished because I am waiting for pegasus wings to come in. I'm going with a Swooping Hawk look for my army theme, and it was suggested to me to put the wings on his back to go along with it.



Fire Prism

My partially assembled Fire Prism, waiting for a base coat.


With the pegasus wings for my Wraithlord, I am currently waiting for my Swooping Hawks and Baharroth to come in, which should be this week.


I haven't completely planned out my colour scheme yet, but I'm thinking of a blue-grey theme with dark red highlights. I have a lowly Space Marine I'm practicing on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment