About My Blog

After some heavy persuasion from my friends and Space Marine-toting husband, I have started playing Warhammer 40k. I chose to play Eldar when I saw the model for Baharroth. I also like the smooth, curvy models and vehicles.

This blog will chronicle the assembly and painting of my Eldar army.

Monday, March 14, 2011

First Game

I had my first game yesterday, and won! One of my friends, Brian, who also just started playing had brought his Tyranids, and Matt brought his Space Marines. Brian and I don't have enough models yet for 2000 points, so we joined forces and each fielded 1000, while Matt fielded 2000.


Dire Avengers


Rangers


Swooping Hawks and Wraithlord




Some dirty Space Marines






"Oh noes! It's coming for us!"

As you can see, I've primed my Wraithlord, and one of his capey things fell off. Again. I haven't made a ton of progress; I got the bases finished (minus grass) on my Dire Avengers, and my Swooping Hawks and Rangers built. I also suffered my first hobby-related injury. I drove the hobby drill into my thumb while pinning my Swooping Hawks' wings. According to Matt that means I've been officially initiated into Warhammer. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment